Tuesday, October 19, 2021

Buried Alive

 

We died the day we found a god splendid,

We had no time to fear, no time to spare,

Buried alive in grave unmarked, my kid!


We weren't the saddest case, the people said,

My friend's twins, they found tender loving care,

They died the day we found a god splendid.


To ease our pain there were more tales horrid,

Of houses and families all laid bare,  

Buried, alive in grave unmarked, my kid!


The day after was bright lovely sun-kissed,

Almost forgot, erased, the day before,

The day we died and found a god splendid.


The tourists are back, the quarries are bombed, 

The green a veil, the damned silent river

Buried alive, in grave unmarked, my kid!


Remain we will on slopes fragile, to skid

When rains will bring old plans disposed, terror,

A day splendid to find a new god dead,

Buried alive in grave unmarked, my kid.


No comments:

Post a Comment