Thursday, September 23, 2021

Relatives of Our Times

 

I have relatives who wear the Brahmin thread,

I have relatives who were called "kuravan" (low-caste),

Served outside and all that crap.


I have relatives who pray at the famous mosques and churches

of Tvm. I avoid those and Padmanabhaswamy Temple.

I won't tell you where I go. I don't want you there.


I have relatives who did some good for others.

If they were told to correct their views 

Because society did not like it, they did not listen.


I have this cute relative who does social work.

He is with a small political party of Central Tranvancore.

The small ones are the best to get funds, he says.


I have relatives who are communists,

I have relatives who are not that but are the same,

Ready to kiss any ass for the sake of business and kids. 


I have relatives who converted for better prayers.

They still seem the same to me

When they serve good food.


I have relatives who converted others for love.

There was a sad case of a girl cheated I could do little.

She was not in love with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment