Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Who am I?

I'm haunted, but I can't see by what!
Spellbound

Thought of being an iconoclast,
till I realized it’s a fashion;
Thought of building a social network,
but without wooing friends;
If I think of something new,
I might place it in a footnote.
The point is to be missed,
till you really look.
It’s a tough game
It’s a game for one or two.

What others say:

“…I’m a lone wolf, unmarried, getting middle-aged, and not rich...when I get knocked off in a dark alley sometime…nobody will feel that the bottom has dropped out of his or her life.”
Raymond Chandler on Philip Marlowe

A gentleman is one who never hurts anyone's feelings unintentionally. Oscar Wilde

There is a level of cowardice lower than that of the conformist: the fashionable non-conformist. Ayn Rand

If you pretend to be good, the world takes you very seriously. If you pretend to be bad, it doesn't. Such is the astounding stupidity of optimism. Oscar Wilde

I am pessimistic about optimism. Blogger Anon.

Having to read footnotes resembles having to go downstairs to answer the door while in the midst of making love. Noel Coward

Maybe, the person at the door is a better companion than the one upstairs. Blogger Anon.

No comments:

Post a Comment