Thursday, March 30, 2023

the rule of three

 

At 19, that was seduction.


She served. Slowly. Teasing. Rice, dal, stir-fried veg, salad, curd. A long pause. An idiotic #smile on my face. Ooops, she giggled, and brought a large covered dish.


She opened the cover. There were three pieces of fried chicken wing flat. She gave me one and took one herself. She did not cover the dish. The remaining one kept #smiling at me.


I thought about the rule of three, why it had to be three.


Something puzzled me. Was it for a third person? The other? Was it for me? Was it to be left alone? The epistemology of chicken wing flats was too much for me.


We heard the sound of a car.


Oh, they are back, she cried. 


I put the third chicken wing flat in my mouth. The idiotic #smile was back.


Her parents entered the scene.


What are you doing, young man, her mother snarled in her cold polite way. Her father did not say a word.


I pulled out the bones and placed it on my plate.


I left. Without a #smile from her.


not #vss365 ?


from


https://justoneavatar.blogspot.com/2018/02/with-or-without.html


No comments:

Post a Comment