Thursday, December 31, 2020

Adieu, 2020

 


It wasn't the best of years.

It won't be the worst of years.


For some, the lockdown days were the worst. For us, at home, there was water supply those months. Neighbors were good neighbors then.

Lockdown ended. Water supply became the usual majority-gets-all-minority-get-lost issue.

It is easy for the government to install a statue of Sree Narayana Guru (irony: on the grounds of Kerala Water Authority).

It is still difficult, in the 21st century, for the government to supply water to the Guru's family when they live in an area where they can be ignored.

Maybe, those in government would have been different if the Guru had said explicitly: any water, some water, same water, for all.

My writing went for a toss in 2020. I managed to be humorous only once. Real life was such.

Virtual life saw its ups and downs. Connected with couple of good ol' pals. Disconnected with a few.

For a month or two, I shifted from Facebook (where I have a few friends, I hope) to Twitter (where I have none).

I was reminded of my early Sulekha days. Writing to myself. No audience. Observing, without great interest. Listening, with interest, with the same old exception, the right-wing lot. Commenting randomly, not expecting a reply. Even then, I managed to get blocked. I tried to tell Communists that their version of history was wrong. They thought I was anti-Left. I did not tell them Communists are not the Left, they are just Communists.

One particular block did hurt me. It was promising to be a decent acquaintanceship. But, moods always swing with higher priorities. C'est la vie.  

I sincerely hope 2021 will be better for all. I should somehow try to be humorous more than once.


No comments:

Post a Comment